Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Excuse me...I'm what?"

nurse: You're anemic, dear. Look on the bright side.... at least your glucose test was fine!
me: Ok, so what does this mean for me and our baby?
nurse: you will need to take three iron pills a day....
me: Ok, do those come in flavors or gummies?
nurse: Um... I'm not exactly sure, I could go and ask the Dr.
me: Ok, because I really hate taking pills... I already have a hard time taking my prenatal vitamins.
nurse: You aren't taking your prenatal vitamins? That is probably why you are anemic.
me: Did I see I wasn't taking my vitamins? I meant that.... oh, never mind. When can I come get my iron pills?

And now I am on a diet of pills, but at least the monkey is getting everything she needs.

Wake up: take one prilosec for heartburn and one iron pill
Mid Day: few tums, and iron pill
bedtime: Iron pill, tums, and prenatal vitamin

Moral of the story: Even if you don't feel good, TAKE YOUR PRENATAL VITAMINS! If you don't, you could end up anemic like me, and have to take 8 or 9 pills a day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. That is not good. I was told I was anemic before (years ago) by a dr. And now we just found out we're expecting a little one and I have my 1st dr appointment in a couple weeks. I am a little anxious to hear what she has to say after they get all the test results back from the blood work. My prenatal's were making me feel really nauseous and sick too so I stopped taking them while we were "trying" and now I found some gummies from Target that are great and dont taste bad either. Good luck with all those pills. I hope it makes you and baby a lot stronger.

    ReplyDelete