Sunday, April 1, 2012

Elsie: week 6

Well, my baby has reached a milestone. She is 6 weeks! I feel like that is a big week. She changes everyday. Someone told me the other day that she has gotten so big and doesn't look like a newborn anymore. I almost cried... But they were right. She doesn't look like a newborn anymore. She looks like a little girl. So sweet and precious.

This week we got our first social smile. We have been smiling since day one, but never at anything. This week she smiled at me several times. I was lucky enough to catch one on camera. She has also grown into most of her 0-3 month clothes. She looks so cute sporting her spring line!

Another big step for E is sleeping. Elsie has slept pretty well since she was born. During the night she sleeps from about 8 pm- 8 am waking up at 11, 2, and 5 to eat. Well this week she started sleeping right through that 2 o'clock feeding! I have to 'dream' feed her at 11... Meaning she isn't really awake. I just gently wake her up enough to suck. It helps her get her belly full and she sleeps till 5!! If I didn't 'wake' her at 11, she would probably sleep till 2, but I would rather her cut out the 2 o'clock feeding instead of the 11 o'clock. Next step is sleeping through her 5 o'clock as well!! Yay! My girl is getting so big

We are looking forward to Elsie's first Easter! Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment