Friday, March 25, 2011

Family

"Some family trees bear an enormous crop of nuts!"- Wayne H.






I love my family! It took me a long time to appreciate them, but I always loved them. I never appreciated having sisters when I was growing up. It could have been a totally different life for me. I never appreciated having two loving parents when I was in high school, but what teenager does? :)


All of this changed when I was in college. I started missing my parents (who would have thought?), I started calling my sisters, and I became the aunt that I always wanted to be.


Today, my family is the most important thing in my life. I have a loving (and wonderful) husband. I am also one of those lucky people who has a great set of in-laws! I have a mom who would do anything for me, but she has started to come out of her "mommy shell" lately. She is growing into a new shell....what I would like to call her "No BS shell". She is living life for herself, and isn't afriad to say "No". All of which are things that I love about her. My dad is hard headed and stubborn. He does what he wants, and says what he feels. We are NOTHING alike, right?! :) However, he is also a warm, kind, and caring person. He is a problem solver, and a little OCD. I may be my father's daughter after all!


My sisters are polar opposites, but that is why they are both so very special to me. I am so much like Stephanie, but also have a lot of Hilliary in me. Stephanie is a planner, and the Lord knows that I am also a planner. When I was little, I wanted to be just like Stephanie. She was smart and talented. She was also BEAUTIFUL! I had never seen anyone as beautiful as my sister. I followed in her footsteps as much as possible, but it was pretty difficult because she was so darn perfect! :) Here is a picture of Stephanie (I found on the internet) being perfect! Just kidding! :)

Hilliary on the other hand is not perfect (unfortunately, I have come to learn that none of us are!). Hilliary is carefree, and funny . She did what she wanted, and that got under my 16 year old skin. We were close in age, so she was always around. That probably didn't help me "appreciate" her like I mentioned in the first paragraph. Hilliary is one of the happiest people I know. When we were in high school, I didn't want to have anything to do with her....and she felt the same. When she started driving, she refused to take me to school. Therefore, I had to find a ride with a friend. Another one of those things that didn't make me appreciate her very much. Of course, I was perfect. She didn't have a reason not to love me, right? :) When I was in college Hilliary and I started talking on the phone...a concept we had never considered. Then she got married and had babies. Life has been pretty peachy since then. Not perfect....but getting there everyday.


Oh the babies! Where do i begin.....


I won't! They are all perfect, amazing, cuddly, cute, sweet, little angels. I could never ask for more amazing nieces, and such a stud of a nephew!


No comments:

Post a Comment