Tuesday, January 31, 2012

36 week checkup

Well, today I went to the doctor for my weekly checkup.  I was hopeful that I would have progressed a little, and I had! Yay! This week, I was 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced.   What great news! However, It has been a tough week with my back.  I can barely walk, and it has gotten to the point where all I feel is pain.  My feet and face have also been getting really fat swollen from all the water I have been retaining.  When they took my blood pressure today it was quite a bit high.  My doctor seemed pretty concerned with these two things.  She wants me to take it easy this week (can someone tell me how to do that when you are a teacher?).  When I go back next week she will check to see if my blood pressure is still elevated.  If it is she wants to put me on bedrest for a week or so.  What?!?! How am I supposed to get everything I need to get done on bed rest?  I guess I will figure out how to boss my husband around (maybe I should try a bell?).  If my blood pressure stays elevated and my back pain continues, she wants to take baby Elsie in a couple of weeks!

TWO- THREE WEEKS!!! AHHH! I am freaking out a little.  First, I am freaking out because I want a healthy baby.  Second, I have been procrastinating preparing myself for a March baby.  Third, I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO! Fourth, I still have 2 baby showers planned for February, and fifth, our birthing class is on the 18th and 19th (you dont really need that, right?!?!)  It's hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that she could be here the week of Valentine's.  I can't wait to meet her and hold her.  The doctor said she is in position and sounds really healthy.  We will know more next week, but pray that baby Elsie is prepared for her arrival.  Also, pray that her mommy and daddy are prepared for her arrival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment