Saturday, April 14, 2012

Elsie: week 8

She has got to stop growing. Seriously! She is getting so big. In more ways than one. I feel like she has doubled in size. Her chin has definitely doubled, but it is the cutest double (sometimes triple) chin I've ever seen.

This week has brought a few changes. First, she has still been fighting sleep. Same old, same old. However, she has recently discovered she can move those limbs attached to her body. She has started to hit me in the face when I try and get her to go to sleep. I don't think she means to really "hit" but they smack me right in the face. She tries to grab my lips too. It is all very sweet!:)

She is cooing and gurgling more than ever. She loves to sit up like a big girl on the couch. It cracks her up. She has also started to drool like an old man. If she weren't only two months, I would think she was teething. She loves to snuggle up against my chest and sleeps best here. I believe I am creating a monster because I let her sleep on me a majority of the time. I do this as much for me as I do her. Before I know it, she won't want to cuddle with me. I am soaking it up. The only time she goes in her room is for night time sleeping and maybe one nap during the day. I can't help it, I need her near me at all times!

She goes for her two month well visit on Tuesday. I can't wait to see how much she weighs and what percentile she is in. She has always been in the 25th percentile or lower. Somehow, I don't think that will be the case this month. We love her more than words.

I will be posting soon about my must need newborn items and our daily routine in pictures! Enjoy my little Elsicle!

No comments:

Post a Comment