Friday, May 18, 2012

A Better Understanding of My (Mommy) Life

This is my first blog post on my computer since I don't know when.  I usually blog on my phone (that's why it isn't always perfect), because it is easy to do when Elsie is sleeping in my arms.  So, I am excited to finally get to blog and share pictures in the order that I want! Yay!

So, I have been meaning to do a post about a day in our life.  But because I was using my phone, it was hard to put pictures in order.  So here it goes.... this is a typical day...this is in no way the way we do things everyday, because everyday is different.  Elsie has pretty much made her own little schedule (which I LOVE)! This is our typical schedule give our take an hour here or there.  These pictures were taken over a couple of days. 

4:30-5:30 am- Elsie wakes up with her little grunts (uh, uh, uh) never a cry.  If it is 4:30 when she wakes up, I usually let her grunt for a little while. She sometimes falls back to sleep.  I go in and get her and feed her (around 6 oz).  When she is finished eating, we rock for about 10 minutes to let her do her business.  I then change her diaper and bring her into the living room.

5:30-6:30 am- Elsie goes in her bouncy seat while I sit in front of her and pump.  She plays with her little monkeys and talks to me the whole time. She starts getting drowsy after about 10 minutes. 

6- 7:00 am- I take Elsie to my room and we both go back to sleep until around 8:30-9.

8:30-9:00 am- Elsie wakes up and is ready to eat.  We go into the living room and I give her a bottle (5 oz) and we relax for a little while while she does her business.  I change her and she goes either in her bouncy seat or her play mat while I pump.  I always sit right next to her and talk to her the whole time I am pumping. 
9:00-10:30am- This is mommy/elsie time.  We either continue playing on the play mat, do some tummy time, read books, etc.  She is sooo active during this time. She is a smiley machine. This is when I do my photo sessions on Fridays.  Since today just happened to be a Friday, you get a photo session picture! (13 weeks)
Reading Elmo! She just loves him...
Tummy time!

photo shoot... 13 weeks
10:30-11 am- Elsie's morning nap.  She starts getting really tired around this time.  I take her into her room and we read our Mommy and Me devotional for the day.  My mother in law got me this book and they are short and sweet.  She likes the little pictures, and I love reading verses about being a mom and how He loves my sweet little girl.  She usually falls asleep.  I wrap her up nice and tight and lay her down (either in her swing, her pack and play, on the bed, or in her crib).

10:30-12:30 pm- Elsie does NOT sleep the entire time.  Especially if i put her down. She usually will sleep for about 30-45 minutes when I am not holding her.  Sometimes, if I don't have anything to do that day, I will rock her for her entire nap.  It is one of the most tender times.  However, most of the time, I have something to do.  I usually jump in the shower for my 5 minutes of peace.  I have to go quick because you never know when she will wake up.  Sometimes I will shower during her early morning sleep in my bed, depending on what I need to do that day.  I will try and eat lunch and pump if she sleeps long enough, but most of the time she does not.  So, I take her and put her in her bouncy seat, while she semi-sleeps while I pump or eat in front of her.
12:30- 2:00 pm- When she truly wakes up I feed her (5 oz), and we play some more.  I try and have more face to face time during the afternoon.  I like to stare at her and make funny faces.  She tries to make them, and it is truly amazing watching her learn.
Chewing on her big bird book

1:30-3:00 pm- This is when I run my errands.  I put her in the car, and she usually falls right back to sleep. She will wake up almost every time I come to a red light, but loves when the car is moving.  I am not even sure she is completely asleep, but just completely relaxed.  If we are at home, we will play and take another 20 minute cat nap during this time. 
3:00-4:30 pm- I feed Elsie sometime around here (5 oz). We stay awake and play for a little while.  She likes her jumper a lot.  It makes noise when she jumps, and she thinks that is the bees knees!
4:30-6:00 pm- Elsie's afternoon nap.  We will go in her room and rock. She usually falls right to sleep.  Again, if I am holding her, she will sleep for a good 1.5-2 hours.  If not, it is usually about 45 minutes.  I always try and pump during this time, and Trammel gets home from work.  When she wakes up, we feed her (about 3 oz).

6:00-7:30 pm- Trammel is on baby duty from pretty much the time he gets home till she goes to bed.  I usually cook dinner, or do something I need to do during this time.  Sometimes pump (I know, I know...it takes over my life).  He plays with her and keeps her awake until bath time.
Sitting up like a big girl in her bumbo

7:00- 7:30 pm-BATH TIME! I love her bath time.  It is so fun to see her splash around in there.  I actually got in there with her tonight (I'll spare you those pictures), but I will probably not do that again. I put on my bathing suit and got in.  I didn't think far enough ahead.  I had to get Trammel to get her out of the tub and dry her off while I got out and dried off. 

7:30-8:00 pm- We have a very specific night time routine.  Bath, Bottle, Bed.  However, I read somewhere that baby massages help relax your child and helps them to sleep better.  Since I read that, I have not missed a night of massaging Elsie. It is a great bonding time, and she LOVES it.  I use lotion (Eucerin, because she has dry skin).  and start with her chest/tummy.  I make my way to each arm (talking to her the whole time, "I am rubbing your right arm.." A little much? Maybe, but I am a teacher! :) I move on to each of her legs.  I flip her over and do her back, and then I do her face.

8:00-8:30 pm- I turn out the lights, and we start rocking. I feed her her bottle during this time (warm, 3-4 oz).  She gets VERY drowsy during this time.  When she is finished, I swaddle her (the only time she is swaddled is at night). I rock her for about 30 minutes.  It only takes about 10 to get her to fall asleep, but I just love this time so much I keep on rocking....

8:30 pm- I put her in her crib, and I enjoy a couple of hours with my husband...I eat, pump, and watch TV! Love my life...and my little girl!

10:30 pm- BEDTIME for mommy! Phew...I am tired just typing it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment