Thursday, May 31, 2012

Elsie: Week 14

This was a big week for me as a mom.  When I had Elsie in February, I decided that I was going to go back to work for the last week of school.  For those of you that know me, I am a bit of a control freak with a touch of OCD.  I just had to clean out my room and make sure I knew where everything was located.  The kids were only there for 2 days, but it was nice to see them before they are promoted to fifth grade.  We literally did nothing.  It was great getting to see my friends and the kiddos, but I missed my baby girl dearly! I wasn't worried about her because she was staying with our cousin, Linda Grace.  Everytime Linda Grace came over in the mornings, Elsie would just light up! It made leaving her a little easier knowing that Elsie was happy.  If/when the day comes that she cries, I might have to quit work then and there.  So, to all you mommies out there that work... BLESS YOUR SOUL! It was so hard getting up, getting ready, feeding her, putting her back to sleep, etc. all before 7:15.  Trammel and I switched off nights, but it was still hard. Being a working mom is TOUGH, and I only did it for a week.  I am already dreading August, but I have to try not to think about it too much.  I have a baby girl to enjoy!

This week Elsie started grabbing things and putting them in her mouth.  I am talking everything! Toys, blankets, pacis, clothes, pretty much anything she can wrap her little fingers around (oh. my. gosh. her little fingers are adorable!).  She also chokes her self with those same adorable fingers.  I am always having to yank her fingers out of her mouth. This week, daddy also made Elsie laugh.  I am talking straight belly laugh ya'll! Just melts my heart.  She only did it a couple of times this week, but when she does, it is the most amazing sound I have ever heard.  Elsie moved from a size one diaper to a size 1-2.  She is just getting bigger by the minute.  I can't wait to see what the summer brings...I take that back...I can wait. I don't want her to get big.  I mean the girl is standing! STANDING! She pushes off of us constantly and just wants to stand there.  She has been doing this for awhile, but I am just realizing that she is getting so big and there is nothing I can do to stop it!

Elsie also went back to sleeping pretty much through the night.  She might wake up once or twice a week at 4ish, but for the most part she sleeps from 8pm-6am.  Yay for baby Elsie (and mommy and daddy)! This weekend was Memorial Day and we spent our time outside by the pool! Post on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment