Friday, May 7, 2010

Rice Krispies

As a teacher, you hear kids say the darndest things. One of my personal favorites came from a little boy in my pre-k class last year. We were all sitting in the cafeteria and this little boy is eating cereal and I am sitting beside him talking to another teacher. He starts to tug on my shirt, but i keep ignoring him because i was in a conversation with another teacher. Eventually, I looked down at him and he exclaimed "Ms. Savannah, Ms.Savannah, my rice krispies are talking to me.." I kinda chuckled and said "Oh yeah, what are they saying?" He then looks at me with this dumbfounded expression on his face and said, "Ms. Savannah, I don't speak rice krispie." He then rolled his eyes and looked away. I could not contain myself. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breath. He really believed that I had just asked him the craziest question he had ever heard. I know consider this moment my "Rice Krispie" moment. He looked at these rice krispies with wide eyes and wonder and I ruined that for him, by asking him to give me a logical answer. In life, some times there isn't a logical answer. Sometimes, we need to look at things from the perspective of a child. With a little wonder and a lot of laughter we will surely get the answers we seek in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment