Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bill Haslam for Governor

Trammel and I at the Statesman Dinner.

As most of you know, I am not the most political person in the world and that is putting it lightly. I am rarely the most political person in the room. My mom always jokes how mine and my sister's roles have reversed since high school, because Hilliary loves politics. I believe this is because she always has an opinion. Whether it is asked for or not, she is going to give it to you (which i believe about most politicians). This is something me and Hilliary have in common, as much as i would like to believe otherwise, but i NEVER got the political gene. Hilliary wanted to go to law school and become a politician, making a change. I wanted to get married and have babies. Man how life changes, but in the best of ways! When i married Trammel I knew that he was interested in politics and wanted to make a career out of it. When he started working for the Bill Haslam for Governor campaign in February I was very excited. He got to do something he loves and for a guy i have heard of. EVERYDAY Trammel would come home talking about this, that, and the other. Did I ever have a clue what he was talking about? No! Did i pretend? Yes! I was pretty good at nodding and smiling by June. Eventually, i started to pick up on some of the lingo and getting somewhat interested. I knew that I liked Haslam and I didn't like his opponent (he was mean to Trammel once, and he was rude at dinners).

I started to attend a couple of events here and there, and i was surprisingly enjoying myself. It was getting close to the primary and things were really kicking into high gear. My husband disappeared. Literally! I never saw him. He was gone before I woke up and I was asleep by the time he got home (even on weekends)! The only time i got to see him is when i volunteered to work for Haslam, which i didnt do very often (because it included things like calling random people, knocking on random doors, licking 3500 envelopes, and standing on the side of the road). The last time i volunteered for Haslam was the day before the primary election. I couldn't believe it was me.....out on the side of the road.....at 7:30 in the morning.....holding Haslam signs.....and WAVING!! Yes, SIGNS AND WAVING! Oh, how times have changed since high school....
Here are some pictures from the campaign trail!
Rachel and I at the Meet and Greet at D1
Rachel, Katie, and I at the results party! What a great time...

My mom and I at the Results party, right after we found out Haslam won!

Haslam on stage for his victory speech!


The campaign is far from over! The general election is on November 2nd, 2010. Don't forget to vote! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment