Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

As most of you know, I have been a Harry Potter fanatic since I was in high school. I have read all the books atleast three times, and have seen all the movies (with the exception of the deathly hallows) about a hundred times. This past summer i thought i was going to get a chance to go to the grand opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. However, Universal Studios forgot to ask my permission to move the opening date. There I was, in Orlando, all Gryffindored out, and no where to go, but i had a plan....


I would get my niece, Maddie, (who is in fourth grade) all into Harry Potter. I would talk her into reading the books, and watching the movies. Then i would surprise her with a trip to Orlando to go to The Wizarding World. I finally had an excuse to go to the park as a grown woman. You can't make fun of a "super" aunt, just wanting to show her niece a good time, right?? My plan worked perfectly!!! :) Maddie read three of the books in three months. She was as ready as I was to go to Orlando.

In October we arrived at the airport in our matching T-shirts. Yes, we had matching t-shirts. I would like to say it was Maddie's idea, but i'm not a very good liar. :) We finally made it to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We got to see Hogwarts up close and personal. It was one of the greatest things i have ever seen. I actually felt like i was living inside of the book. Warner Bros. has done a fabulous job creating a place that Harry Potter fans everywhere could be proud of. The best part of the park was the ride inside the castle. It has been the most secretive ride, but with good reason. It is by far the best ride i have ever been on. I am not just saying that because i am a huge Potter fan. I have been to many parks and been on many rides. This is unlike anything that i have ever experienced. I would love to talk about all the details of this wonderful ride, but feel like you have to experience it to believe it. Some pictures of our adventure our below. I look forward to going back and experiencing the Harry Potter world with Trammel. He may not want to admit it, but he is a Potter fan at heart!

Maddie and I at the airport.....Hogwarts or Bust!



Hogwarts! I believe Disney has to give up their slogan "The Most Magical Place on Earth". That title has to be given to Hogwarts!


BUTTERBEER!

No comments:

Post a Comment