Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reality check

I got my first reality check this weekend. I went to a one day baby sale in Franklin this weekend with my mother-in-law. We had a great time looking at all the cute little decorations, toys, and necessities. However, we did walk away with a GREAT deal. We got our hands on a floor model chicco (pronounced Key-Co...) brand travel system. It is PERFECT, and we got it for less than 50% of the asking cost. We loaded it up in my car (WOW! It looked so weird having a car seat in my backseat) and took it home. Even though this was a steal of a deal, it was a complete reality check for both of us. When we got it home Trammel and I looked at it for about 30 minutes trying to figure it all out. Since this is our first child, we had NO IDEA how to work this thing. Of course, we (Trammel) figured it out, and it is so easy! I have taken it out and put it in several times since then just to make sure I can do it.


Here is the travel system we went home with.... of course it is gender neutral, but it has orange piping! Perfect for our future Volunteers!



Here is a picture I took outside of the store...not a great picture, but you can see the orange up close!


Sunday was also a big day for The Hoehn family as well. We went to Babies R Us and registered for baby girl Hoehn. It was so overwhelming. Luckily, I had some good advice from friends and family. Trammel on the other hand, well, he just wanted to get out of there. I would point in a general direction about to say something, and he would start scanning. I would say, "I know we need bottles." Before I know it, he had registered for several bottles without me even being able to think about brands. Needless to say, I had lots of "Registry Cleanup" to do when we got home. So if you see a random Spongebob bathtub or Glamour Girl bib.... please disregard. All in all we had a very productive weekend. We are leaving for Chicago on Thursday! I can't wait to update in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment