Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Project Nursery

Well, here I am...7 months pregnant....and haven't started on the nursery! Geez! Some would say that is ok...others look at me like I am a crazy person when I tell them. Even though I haven't actually STARTED on the nursery itself, I do have a VISION! Yes, a vision! When I found out I was pregnant, I was positive I was having a boy... not sure I have actually told anyone that before, but there was no doubt in my mind (until the sickness set in). But I was mostly googling all things boy. When I started feeling that this baby was not a boy, I had a hard time switching gears, so I didn't. All things girl are mostly too cutsie for me. I am not into the cartoony characters, princess stuff, flowers, cupcakes, purple or pink, etc. So i started looking up vintage nursery pieces. I feel in love with the simplicity of it. I wanted to make our little girls nursery very vintage/classic. Have I succeeded? I have no idea. I am excited to see it all come together.



Here is what the nursery (store all room) CURRENTLY looks like. In the room you will find a queen size bed, a desk and hutch, a bookcase, another hutch (on the ground), an ironing board, all the huge picture frames that we have never hung in our house, suitcases, clothes (that don't fit my new figure),our crib, and lots, lots more. So all we need to do now is clean all of this out, box it up, store it, and move baby girl's things in.....all in 3 months! Very doable! :)

Ok, so the inspiration.... The color scheme for the nursery is light pink (almost a creamy pink), light yellow, and seafoam green. All the furniture in the room is repurposed. When I explained my vision to my very creative momma, she jumped on board (in a big way). She picked up a twin size bed and bedside table from a vintage shop. She painted the bed light yellow, and the nightstand seafoam green. We also picked up a dresser at an antique store. I am not sure what color my mom decided to paint it, but I trust her completely (it is between yellow and the creamy pink color). My crib is white, and is very special to me. It was my oldest sisters. She used it with her two kids, and then my other sister used it with her two kids. Now I get to use it! How great for Little Hoehn to be able to be a part of this "tradition". The only new furniture piece that will go in the nursery is our brand new glider, recliner. We went with a BIG, puffy chair. The color we choose was cream with a very light yellow design. It is beautiful! All of these things are currently at my mothers, but we will bring them to Nashville after Christmas.


I can't wait to get all of baby girl's belongings out of the closet, and into her vintage style nursery. I will continue to update as we make some progress on the nursery

2 comments:

  1. Love the "vision"! It sounds perfect for baby girl! We have the same bedding, but ours is trimmed in the light/bright green. It's the perfect amount of color instead of just plain white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love the blog! Thanks for sharing all of this! Super cute ideas!!

    ReplyDelete