Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby Shower Extravaganza

A wonderful weekend has come to an end.  I am seriously so sad! First, I have to mention that I have the BEST friends. This weekend my friends from college threw me a Baby Shower Extravaganza.  It was pretty amazing.  The only bad thing about the weekend was that I didn't get a picture of all of us together.  Here is how the weekend went down. 

Friday- Bestie Haley arrived via southwest airlines along with her precious little boy, Harlan. We went to dinner at McDougals and came home and enjoyed our night talking about all things baby! Harlan got to sleep in the nursery.  Some would say he was our guinea pig for the crib :) He survived, so I guess we put it together correctly (+1 for Trammel)
Saturday- We woke up and got ready.  The baby shower extravaganza began at Germantown Cafe for brunch.  Some of my out of town guest included Andrea and Erin from Knoxville, Kate from Atlanta, Haley and Harlan from South Carolina, Katherine and Lodie from Memphis.  My amazing Nashville friends included Chelsie, Rachel, Carey, Katie, Angela, Taryn, Marcy, and Rachel. We had such a wonderful lunch. After lunch, we headed to Brushfire.  This is a really unique little place where you paint your own pottery.  It was so fun getting to see what everyone picked out and how they painted their masterpieces.  A lot of people picked pieces for Miss Elsie.  It was so sweet of them to think of her and I can't wait to see how they all turned out.  We had mimosas and strawberry whoppie pies, and I opened gifts after all of our pottery was painted.  I will make sure and post lots of pictures when I receive them from others.  Here is one of my amazing motorcycle diaper cake (thanks Lodie!)
Saturday night- After Brushfire, we all went home and changed and then met back up at Katie's house.  We had a fun night of hanging out, drinking (for others), and playing catch phrase. We also had a delicious taco spread. 

Sunday- We all met for lunch before everyone had to go their separate ways. I am so very lucky to have friends that go out of their way to make someone feel special, and that is exactly what they did.  For my friends that traveled to Nashville, you really do not know how much I appreciate you! You didn't have to make the effort to be here, but you did.  Thank you!! For my Nashville gang, you guys just simply rock! You made my shower weekend unforgettable! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment