Friday, May 4, 2012

Moments

Just for a moment you have this little baby. Just for moment they lay in your arms and just....lay. Just moments....

Before long these moments won't exist, and we will have new (I'm sure wonderful) moments. I want to remember these moments as if I will never get them back, because I won't. Sometimes I get frustrated that Elsie won't let me put her down. I almost can't believe I even wrote that after the moment I just had. My sweet little girl nuzzled her cute little face into my arm. She found just the right spot and settled in. I laid my cheek against her cheek and we just rocked. At that moment, I never wanted to let her go. I wanted to hold her in this spot, at this age forever. Cheek to cheek as if we were the only two people in the world. I would freeze time if I could. It's moments like these that make all the hard parts about being a mom worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment