Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Homemade baby food...easy as Peas?

I decided to make my own baby food for little E. It seemed like the best way for me to know exactly what was going into my little girl's body. And now that she has this allergy, it is the perfect way for me to keep preservatives out of her diet. I promise I am not a crazy mom! :)

It was so simple... So cost effective... And she loved it! It is a must for moms who want all natural foods for their babes!

You will need:
1 blender (I used the baby bullet and I love it)
Containers for baby food
Freezer pods for baby food
1 bag frozen organic peas

First, I tossed the whole bag of peas into my pot to steam. This took about five minutes. Then I used 1 cup of peas and 1/4 cup water and threw them on my baby bullet (third picture). Pushed in down and puréed it until smooth (second pic). Scooped it into my containers and I was done!! The peas cost 1.79 and I got 9 single servings of peas. I put two servings in the refrigerator and the rest in my freezer pod. Once frozen, I popped them out and put them in a freezer safe bag and labeled. Now, I just take one out of the bag and let it thaw and dinner is served!

Remember, food only stays fresh in the frig for 3 days, and in the freezer for 30 days! Always label! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment